Bear's Den Lodge is a World Class fishing - hunting lodge conveniently located in the French River Delta with access to the remote, scenic unspoiled French River, Pickerel River, Wanapitae River, and Northeast Georgian Bay. Our resort's primary focus is fishing for trophy walleye, northern pike, largemouth bass, smallmouth bass, crappies, salmon, and muskies.
Musky fishing is our specialty as Bear's Den Lodge offers modern outstanding accommodations with American Plan meals and Housekeeping cottages, boat motor rentals and experienced guides.
The French River Provincial Park offers excellent canoeing, paddling adventures, kayaking, bird watching, wildlife viewing, black bear hunting, nature, adventures and eco tours. Our area, French River Delta, provides one of the highest quality wilderness experiences in all of Ontario.
French River Fishing Tips and Regulations
Legal length of Muskie is 48 inches, however, Bear's Den Lodge has been honoring live release of all Muskies under 50 inches, while encouraging measurements - length and girth of the trophy fish, with a quick photo, then live release. A fisherman with a Sport Fishing License may possess only 1 fish over 48 inches as per the Ministry of Natural Resource Fishing Regulations in Zone 10 - French River and 54 inches in Georgian Bay - Zone 14.
- Resident & Non-Resident Outdoor Cards Northern Ontario Fishing Licenses
- Valid for 3 years required with purchase of fishing or hunting license - $8.57
- Please purchase online prior to arriving at Hartley Bay Marina launch and Bear's Den Lodge.
- Always PRINT your Ontario License First before printing your receipt.
- If Licenses are forgotten, Bear's Den will assist you for your convenience at the full service lodge.
- Sport Fishing License - an angler may keep in their possession a total of four fish of each species when fishing French River.
- Only one fish of each species may measure over the specified "Slot-Size" length - trophy fish.
- When targeting Musky, an Ontario Sport Fishing License.
- 1-year Resident $26.57
- Non-resident 8 day Fishing License - $51.38 Canadian Funds.
- Anglers with Conservation Licenses - may only possess two fish of each species.
- Only one fish of each species may measure over the specified "Slot-Size" length or Trophy size.
- 1-year Resident Conservation fishing license $15.07
- Non-resident 8 day Fishing Conservation License - $30.02 Canadian Funds.
- A great value for CPR - Catching, Photo and Release!