The holiday season is the perfect time to reflect on what we have to be thankful for and seek out ways to make life better with our family and friends. With holiday cheer it opens our hearts and maybe even our stomachs. So, from our family to yours we hope you enjoy our recipe for Lip Smacking Dressing.
The difference between stuffing and dressing is whether it is stuffed in the cavity of the turkey or baked in a pan as a side dish for dinner.
1. A large mixing bowl with bread that is dried and cubed to 1/2 – 1-inch squares or two bags of croutons
2. A large skillet with 1 stick of butter
3. Heat the skillet on low heat then dice a medium onion and 4 ribs of celery (with leaves if possible)
4. 1 – 2 cups of diced mushrooms or one large canned mushrooms stems and pieces with fluid
5. 2 cups of chicken or turkey broth or equivalent soup base
6. Simmer until mushrooms are cooked and onions are translucent
7. Remove from heat
8. Stir into the bread or croutons
9. Generous amount of cracked pepper and salt into the mix.
10. Add a 1/4 cup of chopped or dried parsley
11. 2 to 3 large lightly beaten eggs, add to the mix and stir well
12. Place into a greased baking pan or dish and foil. A glass baking dish will cook faster.
13. Place in 350-degree Fahrenheit oven.
14. Bake covered for 30 – 40 minutes
15. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes to brown the top of the dressing
16. Enjoy your turkey dinner!
If you like this recipe, feel free to check out our recipe for the Juiciest and Tastiest Roast Turkey.
Recipe by Art Barefoot. Authored by Joe Barefoot.